Welcome to the "Get to know the maker" series of blog posts!
I'll have to see how many posts there actually are in this series. I just thought it sounded better.
I'm going to give you a few details each time. Random facts or stories which you may or may not know about the maker behind this business, which is "yours truly". :)
- I live in the small rural town of Roblin, Manitoba. I was born and raised here and love our little community. Our small town of around 1,600 people is a wonderful place to live. Most everyone knows everyone here. It's next to impossible to walk down the street without stopping to chat with someone about their child or grandchild, how their garden is doing, whether they've planted their flowers, how their loved one is doing in the hospital, what their plans are for the holidays. It's a safe and cozy feeling knowing that we all care about each other and what's going on in our lives. There's something special about a small town atmosphere that's hard to find in a bigger center.
- My main way of making a living is sitting in front of a computer with three monitors doing taxes, bookkeeping, payroll, etc. The first 6 months of the year I put in long hours generally working 6 days a week. Our accounting office is a family owned 3 generation business. Dealing with people all the time is exhausting which is what caused me to create a hobby for myself to get away from all the noise and activity of office work.
- My Grandpa collected stories, poems, sayings, etc. I like to think that this is something which I inherited from him. I've always loved collecting them ever since I was little. I would ask people for their used cards if I liked the sayings in them. I have heaps of sayings. Way more than I'll ever be able to use.
- I enjoy setting up websites when I have spare time. I look after my own website/online shop and two of my family members websites. I love coding and how it challenges my brain.
- I drink a LOT of coffee. My morning really hasn't started until I have my first cup of black coffee...which is probably the reason I have so many coffee signs and products.
I think that's probably enough for today. :)