Have you been wishing for a rustic wooden serving tray? Maybe you've been wanting one in your own choice of colours...
Now's your chance to actually get your own customized wooden serving tray. Attend one of Netties Expressions Large Wooden Serving Tray Paint Workshops to create a large wooden serving tray of your choice.
Ask your sister(s) or a friend or friends to join you. Do a mother/daughter evening or get your significant other to join you. Spend an evening with 2-3 other people just like yourself who want to paint a wooden serving tray. There will be both homemade food and drinks prepared by myself, for you to enjoy during the evening. You will leave with a beautiful finished tray which you can be proud of.
Until I find a more permanent solution, the paint workshops will take place in my house. You will be part of a small group for an evening. I will provide homemade refreshments which you can snack on throughout the evening.
The lettering on these trays will not be painted freehand. My wooden serving tray workshops are done with stencils which I have designed and cut myself. This allows anyone to paint a beautiful tray.
Your wooden serving tray will be made from pine. Your serving tray is an all wood serving tray. Which means it will be a little bit heavy.
In this workshop you will paint your own rustic wooden serving tray. This rustic wooden serving tray measures 12.5" (w) x 25.5" (l) x 3.5" (d). The inside measurements are 11" (w) x 24 (l).
Purchase a seat in this workshop for $61.90 + GST which equals a total of $65.00 (CAD). You can purchase a seat in this workshop by dropping by my retail location, contacting me or purchasing your seat online. If you want to purchase a seat through e-transfer, you can do that as well. Send your e-transfer payment to: email@example.com.
Once you've purchased your seat, I will get in touch with you. I will need the following information when I get in touch with you to finalize your spot in the workshop.
Pick your design from the designs already created by Netties Expressions. Designs will be available shortly.
If you prefer to stop by my retail location to pick your design as well as take a look at available paint colours, that's perfectly fine.
The fee includes everything which you need to paint a rustic wooden serving tray. I supply the wood, stencil(s), paint, brushes, sandpaper, painters tape, hanging hardware, apron(s), etc. All you have to bring is yourself and the enthusiasm to paint a serving tray. :) Aprons are provided although I don't recommend wearing your best clothing.
Below is the process of getting ready for your workshop and what will take place at the workshop.
Prior to the workshop
- After you purchase your seat in a workshop, I will contact you regarding the design and paint colours. If you drop by my retail location to purchase a seat, we can do this all at the same time.
- I will cut and assemble your rustic wooden serving tray.
- I use the vinyl stencil process in my rustic wooden serving tray workshops. After you have picked your design, I will cut the design out of stencil vinyl. I will weed your stencil for you and apply the transfer tape so that your stencil is completely ready for you.
At the actual workshop
- First things first...introductions of course! And signing my workshop disclaimer.
- You will then decide what paint colour (from my selection of FAT paint) you want to use for your serving tray. We'll start with painting the inside first. Once the inside is dry we'll let it dry and paint the bottom of the tray.
- A good time for snacking is during the drying time.
- Once the inside has a good coat of paint and is dry, you will give it a slight sanding. Then you will remove all the dust from sanding. It's important to make sure the surface is dust free.
- You will then transfer the vinyl stencil to the inside of your serving tray. I will provide the squeegees which you will need to adhere your stencil to your tray. Once your stencil is adhered, you will slowly remove the transfer paper revealing only the stencil.
- You will then paint the stencil using the colour(s) which you picked.
- Once the paint has dried you will carefully remove your stencil revealing your finished tray.
- This will give you another chance to sit back, relax and enjoy my homemade refreshments.
- Your serving trays will then be sealed and have handles attached to the ends of the tray.
**Please click HERE to read all the details and FAQ's regarding Netties Expressions Paint Workshops.
You can also click HERE check my Facebook Events page.
If there are no dates available and you would like to purchase seats in a wooden serving tray paint class please send me an email or drop by my retail location.
Netties Expressions workshops are hosted in Roblin, MB.
Complimentary drinks and homemade snacks will be provided. These will vary with each season. If you have food allergies, you are welcome to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages and snacks to the workshop.
Netties Expressions workshops are in a smoke free environment.
By purchasing a seat in this workshop you are agreeing to Netties Expressions Workshop Policy.
All Netties Expressions Handmade Wooden Signs and Handmade Wood Décor are uniquely created and designed by Netties Expressions in Robin, Manitoba Canada.
Netties Expressions rustic wood décor and signs are NOT mass produced in China or created in a sweat shop or factory assembly line. Each piece is individually handmade by myself (Jennette). There is a lot of thought and love put in to each item.
No two signs or wood décor are identical which means that the décor or sign(s) you have purchased or want to purchase will be special and unique to you and your home. The uniqueness of each item is what makes Netties Expressions wooden décor so special.
All of my wood signs and décor are designed and created to be rustic. I try my utmost to provide good quality and craftsmanship. The décor and sign(s) which you purchase will be distressed and may not look identical to the sign pictured due to the uniqueness of distressing.
If you are looking for perfect pieces of identical art, you will not find that here in the handmade world.
Wood is wood. Even the same types of wood are different which means that the same colour of stain or paint may look different from piece to piece. I love the look of wood and do not try to cover up knots, knot holes, the wood grain, aging or imperfections in the wood as I feel that it adds special character to each piece.
~ Thank you for appreciating the love and care which I put into my products and for the support which you show to my small handmade business.
© 2018 Netties Expressions