Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent, if no birds sang except those that sang best. - Henry Van Dyke
This handmade rustic wooden sign measures approximately 5.5"W X 30"L X 0.75"D.
Everyone has their own talent(s) which make them unique and special. Don't forget to put your talents to good use. This beautiful sign is such an encouragement to be what you are and do your best.
This handmade wooden wall hanging is made from a pine board and has a saw tooth hanger on the back ready for hanging. This is hand painted, distressed and finished with a wood sealer. These signs are painted with Fusion Mineral Paint. The backs are stained withMinwax stain to give a finished look to the signs. The signs are then sealed withBeauti-Tone Acrylic Clear Lacquer.
How do you make your handmade wood signs?
- These signs are painted with FAT Paint. (Netties Expressions is a FAT Paint retailer.) The backs are stained with Minwax stain to give a finished look to the signs. The signs are then sealed with Beauti-Tone Acrylic Clear Lacquer.
- Handmade Wooden Signs - Netties Expressions handmade wooden signs are made from a pine board. Each sign is individually handmade by myself. I cut the wood, sand it, prep it for painting, design and cut my own stencils and do the painting myself. All the wood signs come with a saw tooth hanger on the back ready for hanging. The signs are sealed with polyurethane or lacquer.
- Handmade Framed Wooden Signs - The process of painting and distressing Netties Expressions handmade framed wooden signs is the same. Basically the only difference is the type of wood used. These are made from 1/2" to 3/4" plywood.
- Handmade Thick Wooden Signs - The process of painting and distressing Netties Expressions handmade thick wooden signs is the same. Basically the only difference is the type of wood used. These are made from rough 2" x 6" lumber.
Are your signs all hand painted?
Yes, Netties Expressions handmade wooden signs are hand painted using stencils which are designed and cut by Netties Expressions.
Hand Painted vs Free Hand
- Hand Painted: painted by a person and not by a machine
- Free Hand: done without special tools or instruments
All Netties Expressions Handmade Wooden Signs and Handmade Wood Décor are uniquely created and designed by Netties Expressions in Robin, Manitoba Canada.
Netties Expressions rustic wood décor and signs are NOT mass produced in China or created in a sweat shop or factory assembly line. Each piece is individually handmade by myself (Jennette). There is a lot of thought and love put in to each item.
No two signs or wood décor are identical which means that the décor or sign(s) you have purchased or want to purchase will be special and unique to you and your home. The uniqueness of each item is what makes Netties Expressions wooden décor so special.
All of my wood signs and décor are designed and created to be rustic. I try my utmost to provide good quality and craftsmanship. The décor and sign(s) which you purchase will be distressed and may not look identical to the sign pictured due to the uniqueness of distressing.
If you are looking for perfect pieces of identical art, you will not find that here in the handmade world.
Wood is wood. Even the same types of wood are different which means that the same colour of stain or paint may look different from piece to piece. I love the look of wood and do not try to cover up knots, knot holes, the wood grain, aging or imperfections in the wood as I feel that it adds special character to each piece.
~ Thank you for appreciating the love and care which I put into my products and for the support which you show to my small handmade business.
© 2018 Netties Expressions