I built a new apron for the table. I had lots of pine on hand which is what I used for the apron and the spacers in the table top.
This part wasn't the most fun. I had to rip some pine into paper thin pieces to create edging for the bottom side of the apron.
Below is a super crude sketch of the table top that I built. Part of the reason the table top is made from planks that are different widths is because I wanted to use up some thick planks that we hand on hand just waiting to be used.
Here you can see the table top after it's glued and screwed together. I used my KREG to create pocket holes on the back side to attach the planks together. The purpose of having a board at each end running the opposite direction is to help prevent the table top from warping as it is used and dried in different temperatures.
I then used a belt sander to sand the table top to a nice smooth finish. I also distressed the table top with a variety of different tools including, keys, screwdrivers, chains, hammers, etc. When you're distressing something like this, you want it to look like natural wear and tear. It's important not to create a pattern in how you distress it.
Once the table top was sanding to perfection it was ready to stain and seal. I stained it with Dark Walnut by Minwax.
I love the 'toilette' sign i bought. It seems like a very good quality, heavy iron and beautiful! I got one for myself and another for giving away. And wonderful quick service, it was ready for pickup in a jiffy.