Be Creative, Be Happy
Have you been wishing for a custom sign? Maybe you've been wanting a sign in your own choice of colours or you've had a specific saying you've wanted to use. Or, maybe you've always wanted your own custom family sign...
Ask your sister(s) or a friend or friends to join you. Do a mother/daughter evening or get your significant other to join you. Spend an evening with 3 other people just like yourself who want to paint a sign. There will be both homemade food and drinks prepared by myself, for you to enjoy during the evening.
I will be there to teach you and walk you through the process of painting your own sign each step of the way. You will leave with a beautiful finished sign which you can be proud of. Each sign is painted uniquely by YOU and is 100% beautiful because you put your heart and soul into it.
Are you interested in booking a private sign painting workshop? I need 3-4 people per workshop. Find a friend and both of you can ask a friend which equals 4 people.
If you can't come up with a total of 4 people, let me know and I'll see if I can find enough interested to join the workshop.
Private workshops need to be booked a couple of weeks in advance.
Sign Painting Workshop Gallery
SIGN PAINTING WORKSHOPS
LARGE FRAMED WOODEN SIGN PAINTING WORKSHOP - $90/SEAT + GST
Made with GIS and a pine frame. Sign sizes available for this workshop: 8" x 40" | 12" x 30" | 18" x 18" | 16" x 20"
LARGE UNFRAMED WOODEN SIGN PAINTING WORKSHOP - $85/SEAT + GST
Made with pine. Sign sizes available for this workshop: 8" x 40" | 12" x 30" | 16" x 16" | 16" x 20"
UNFRAMED WOODEN SIGN PAINTING WORKSHOP - $65/SEAT + GST
Made with pine. Sign sizes available for this workshop: 6" x 26" | 12" x 16" | 14" x 14" | 8" x 22"
BELOW IS THE PROCESS OF GETTING READY FOR YOUR WORKSHOP AND WHAT WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE WORKSHOP.
- First things first...introductions of course!
- You can use painters tape around your frame to keep from getting paint on it. Once your background is painted or stained, we will let it dry.
- A good time for snacking is while the sign background dries.
- Once the sign is dry, you will give it a slight sanding. Then you will remove all the dust from sanding. It's important to make sure the surface is dust free.
- You will then transfer the vinyl stencil to your sign. I will provide the squeegees which you will need to adhere your stencil to your sign. Once your stencil is adhered, you will slowly remove the transfer paper revealing only the stencil.
- You will then paint the stencil using the colour(s) which you picked.
- Once the paint has dried you will carefully remove your stencil revealing your finished sign.
- This will give you another chance to sit back, relax and enjoy my homemade refreshments.
- Your signs will then be sealed and have hanging hardware attached to the back.
SIGN PAINTING WORKSHOP DETAILS
- Netties Expressions® evening FAT Paint workshops start at 7pm and generally take 2 - 2.5 hours from start to finish.
- The workshop(s) will be held in my home until I can find a more permanent solution. There will be 4 seats available per workshop. I prefer smaller workshops as it allows me to give more one-on-one time to each participant if needed.
- If you're interested in hosting a private workshop at a different location, please contact me.
- These signs will not be painted freehand. My wooden sign workshops are done with stencils which I have designed and cut myself. This allows anyone to paint a beautiful sign.
- The fee includes EVERYTHING which you need to paint a sign. I supply the wood, stencil(s), FAT paint, brushes, sandpaper, painters tape, hanging hardware, apron(s), etc. All you have to bring is yourself and the enthusiasm to paint a sign. :)
- Aprons are provided although I don't recommend wearing your best clothing.
- The wood used for your sign depends on the size you pick. The large framed wooden signs are made from 3/4" GIS plywood (good one side) and framed with a pine frame. All the other signs are made from pine. Either way, your sign is an all wood sign which means it will be a little bit heavy.
- In this workshop you will paint your own rustic wooden sign. If you choose a large framed sign, remember that the frame adds approximately 0.5" to each side of the sign.
- Create a custom design strictly for you which would never work for someone else to use. Add an additional $25 + GST.
- If there are no dates available and you would like to purchase a seat in a sign painting class please send me an email or drop by my retail location.
***The minimum price for any workshop is $65 + GST.
Netties Expressions® workshops are held in a smoke free/alcohol free environment.
Just wanted to send you a pic of my sign up on the wall in the bedroom! I am lovin’ it. Thank you so much for everything.
I love mine!! Sign me up for the next workshop!
Thank you for the opportunity! We had a lovely time!
What a fun evening! Just what I needed! Had so much fun! Love our creations