Be Creative, Be Happy
Have you been wishing for a custom sign? Maybe you've been wanting a sign in your own choice of colours or you've had a specific saying you've wanted to use. Or, maybe you've always wanted your own custom family sign...
Ask your sister(s) or a friend or friends to join you. Do a mother/daughter evening or get your significant other to join you. Spend an evening with 3 other people just like yourself who want to paint a sign. There will be both homemade food and drinks prepared by myself, for you to enjoy during the evening.
I will be there to teach you and walk you through the process of painting your own sign each step of the way. You will leave with a beautiful finished sign which you can be proud of. Each sign is painted uniquely by YOU and is 100% beautiful because you put your heart and soul into it.
Are you interested in booking a private sign painting workshop? I need 3-4 people per workshop. Find a friend and both of you can ask a friend which equals 4 people.
If you can't come up with a total of 4 people, let me know and I'll see if I can find enough interested to join the workshop.
Private workshops need to be booked a couple of weeks in advance.
SIGN PAINTING WORKSHOPS
LARGE FRAMED WOODEN SIGN PAINTING WORKSHOP - $90/SEAT + GST
Made with GIS and a pine frame. Sign sizes available for this workshop: 8" x 40" | 12" x 30" | 18" x 18" | 16" x 20"
LARGE UNFRAMED WOODEN SIGN PAINTING WORKSHOP - $85/SEAT + GST
Made with pine. Sign sizes available for this workshop: 8" x 40" | 12" x 30" | 16" x 16" | 16" x 20"
UNFRAMED WOODEN SIGN PAINTING WORKSHOP - $65/SEAT + GST
Made with pine. Sign sizes available for this workshop: 6" x 26" | 12" x 16" | 14" x 14" | 8" x 22"
- After you purchase your seat in a workshop, I will contact you regarding what size of sign, the design and paint colours. If you drop by my retail location to purchase a seat, we can do this all at the same time.
- I will cut your sign, sand it, and attach the stained frame if you purchased a framed sign.
- I use the vinyl stencil process in my sign workshops. After you have picked your design, I will cut the design out of stencil vinyl. I will weed your stencil for you and apply the transfer tape so that your stencil is completely ready for you.
- First things first...introductions of course!
- You can use painters tape around your frame to keep from getting paint on it. Once your background is painted or stained, we will let it dry.
- A good time for snacking is while the sign background dries.
- Once the sign is dry, you will give it a slight sanding. Then you will remove all the dust from sanding. It's important to make sure the surface is dust free.
- You will then transfer the vinyl stencil to your sign. I will provide the squeegees which you will need to adhere your stencil to your sign. Once your stencil is adhered, you will slowly remove the transfer paper revealing only the stencil.
- You will then paint the stencil using the colour(s) which you picked.
- Once the paint has dried you will carefully remove your stencil revealing your finished sign.
- This will give you another chance to sit back, relax and enjoy my homemade refreshments.
- Your signs will then be sealed and have hanging hardware attached to the back.
- Netties Expressions evening FAT Paint workshops start at 7pm and generally take 2 - 2.5 hours from start to finish.
- The workshop(s) will be held in my home until I can find a more permanent solution. There will be 4 seats available per workshop. I prefer smaller workshops as it allows me to give more one-on-one time to each participant if needed.
- If you're interested in hosting a private workshop at a different location, please contact me.
- These signs will not be painted freehand. My wooden sign workshops are done with stencils which I have designed and cut myself. This allows anyone to paint a beautiful sign.
- The fee includes EVERYTHING which you need to paint a sign. I supply the wood, stencil(s), FAT paint, brushes, sandpaper, painters tape, hanging hardware, apron(s), etc. All you have to bring is yourself and the enthusiasm to paint a sign. :)
- Aprons are provided although I don't recommend wearing your best clothing.
- The wood used for your sign depends on the size you pick. The large framed wooden signs are made from 3/4" GIS plywood (good one side) and framed with a pine frame. All the other signs are made from pine. Either way, your sign is an all wood sign which means it will be a little bit heavy.
- In this workshop you will paint your own rustic wooden sign. If you choose a large framed sign, remeber that thehe frame adds approximately 0.5" to each side of the sign.
- Create a custom design strictly for you which would never work for someone else to use. Add an additional $25 + GST.
- If there are no dates available and you would like to purchase a seat in a sign painting class please send me an email or drop by my retail location.
***The minimum price for any workshop is $65 + GST.
Netties Expressions workshops are held in a smoke free/alcohol free environment.
I truly believe that everyone is artistic in their own way. I guarantee that you'll love the design and the quality of the sign. Anyone can paint a sign and leave with a beautiful sign to be proud of. I will be there as your hands-on teacher helping you throughout the process as little or as much as you want. Your sign is painted uniquely by YOU and will be 100% beautiful because you poured your heart and soul into painting it. There won't be another sign like yours. I'm always so proud of each one who attends and how wonderful a job they do.
No, you don't. At my current price point, you can pick a design from my available options, or for an additional minimum fee of $25 you can submit your own ideas and I'll make up your design. I will send you a proof via email and we will work on making your design into something you'll love!
The minimum cost for a seat at any workshop is $65. As the size of the sign increases, so does the cost of the workshop. The fee includes everything which you need to paint a sign. I supply the wood, stencil(s), paint, brushes, sandpaper, painters tape, hanging hardware, apron(s), etc. All you have to bring is yourself and the enthusiasm to paint a sign. :) Aprons are provided although I don't recommend wearing your best clothing.
Yes, definitely! If you want to book Christmas workshop parties or other private workshops, send me an email or fill out the contact form on this page. I'll get in touch with you to finalize your selected date and time. Each person will need to pay for their seat in order to book a workshop. I'll need a list of the names and email addresses of all the participants. From there, I'll get everyone started with selecting their sign sizes and designs. If you are a single participant or want to join an open workshop check my current workshops or send me an email. If you prefer to drop by my retail location to book a workshop, that's fine.
Right now my space is limited which only allows me to have between 2-4 people. Smaller workshops are my preference since I'll be able to be more hands-on with each participant. If you are looking into having a larger party, please drop by my retail location or send me an email.
You should plan on your workshop taking between 2 to 2.5 hours. This depends on how complex your designs are, how many people are in the class, if everyone arrives on time, how many different colors you pick for your sign, etc.
Evening workshops start at 7pm and Saturday workshops start at 1:30pm.
There's really no age limit. I don't recommend bringing a child unless they will be painting a sign as there are no babysitting services provided. It can take a child a bit longer to work through some of the processes in order to complete their sign. Children 8 and older usually do fairly well on their own.
Complimentary drinks and snacks will be provided. These will vary with each season. If you have allergies, you are welcome to bring non-alcoholic beverages and snacks to your workshop.
No. You'll choose the colors for your sign during the workshop. The proof is just for the layout and design purpose. Once you receive your proof. let me know if you like it or if you'd like to make some changes. I want you to be happy with your final design.
It depends on the size of the sign you choose. The smaller or more detailed your design is, the longer and more tedious your work will be. I can usually fit pretty much anything. To get a better idea, take a look at my finished signs.
Yes, you gladly can! Just let me know what size you want to create and I quote you a custom price.
Yes, I do. However, the workshop price does stay the same at $65 and up.
I carry The FAT Paint Company paint line as well as a few Minwax stains at my workshops. You can always check out my paint samples when you drop by my retail location.
Just wanted to send you a pic of my sign up on the wall in the bedroom! I am lovin’ it. Thank you so much for everything.
I love mine!! Sign me up for the next workshop!
Thank you for the opportunity! We had a lovely time!
What a fun evening! Just what I needed! Had so much fun! Love our creations
Connect. Follow. Discover @nettiesexpressions