Have you been wishing for a custom sign? Maybe you've been wanting a sign in your own choice of colours or you've had a specific saying you've wanted to use. Have you wanted your own custom family sign?
Now's your chance to actually get your own customized sign. Attend one of Netties Expressions Framed Wooden Sign Painting Workshops to create a large framed sign of your choice.
Ask your sister(s) or a friend or friends to join you. Do a mother/daughter evening or get your significant other to join you. Spend an evening with 3 other people just like yourself who want to paint a sign. There will be both homemade food and drinks prepared by myself, for you to enjoy during the evening. You will leave with a beautiful finished sign which you can be proud of.
The workshop(s) will be held in my home until I can find a more permanent solution. There will be 4 seats available per workshop. I prefer smaller workshops as it allows me to give more one-on-one time to each participant if needed.
These signs will not be painted freehand. My wooden sign workshops are done with stencils which I have designed and cut myself. This allows anyone to paint a beautiful sign.
The fee includes EVERYTHING which you need to paint a sign. I supply the wood, stencil(s), FAT paint, brushes, sandpaper, painters tape, hanging hardware, apron(s), etc. All you have to bring is yourself and the enthusiasm to paint a sign. :) Aprons are provided although I don't recommend wearing your best clothing.
Your sign will be made from 3/4" GIS plywood (good one side) and framed with a pine frame. Your sign is an all wood sign. Which means it will be a little bit heavy.
In this workshop you will paint your own rustic framed wooden sign. You can choose one of the following four sizes for your sign. The frame adds approximately 0.5" to each side of the sign.
8" x 40"
12" x 30"
16" x 20"
18" x 18"
These large framed wooden signs retail for $100.00 + tax. Purchase a seat in this workshop for $80.00 + GST which equals a total of $84.00 (CAD). You can purchase a seat in this workshop by dropping by my retail location, contacting me or purchasing your seat online. If you want to purchase a seat through e-transfer, you can do that as well. Send your e-transfer payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is the process of getting ready for your workshop and what will take place at the workshop.
Prior to the workshop
- After you purchase your seat in a workshop, I will contact you regarding what size of sign and the design. If you drop by my retail location to purchase a seat, we can do this all at the same time.
- I will cut your sign, sand it, and attach the stained frame.
- I use the vinyl stencil process in my sign workshops. After you have picked your design, I will cut the design out of stencil vinyl. I will weed your stencil for you and apply the transfer tape so that your stencil is completely ready for you.
At the actual workshop
- First things first...introductions of course! And signing my workshop disclaimer.
- You will then decide what paint colour (from my selection of FAT paint) you want to use for your background. You can use painters tape around your frame to keep from getting paint on it. Once your background is painted or stained, we will let it dry.
- A good time for snacking is while the sign background dries.
- Once the sign is dry, you will give it a slight sanding. Then you will remove all the dust from sanding. It's important to make sure the surface is dust free.
- You will then transfer the vinyl stencil to your sign. I will provide the squeegees which you will need to adhere your stencil to your sign. Once your stencil is adhered, you will slowly remove the transfer paper revealing only the stencil.
- You will then paint the stencil using the colour(s) which you picked.
- Once the paint has dried you will carefully remove your stencil revealing your finished sign.
- This will give you another chance to sit back, relax and enjoy my homemade refreshments.
- Your signs will then be sealed and have hanging hardware attached to the back.
Check HERE to see the current available workshop dates.
You can also click HERE check my Facebook Events page.
If there are no dates available and you would like to purchase a seat in a sign painting class please send me an email or drop by my retail location.
**Please click HERE to read all the details and FAQ's regarding Netties Expressions Sign Painting Workshops.