Joy to the world
This handmade rustic wooden sign measures approximately 4″W X 8″L X 0.75″D.
Christmas is such a beautiful time of year. Celebrating the birth of Christ, gathering with friends and family and remembering the true reason we celebrate Christmas. This handmade "joy to the world" sign is small enough to add just the right pop of colour to your mantel or shelf.
This handmade wooden wall hanging is made from a pine board and is the perfect size to set on your mantel or shelf. This does not come with hanging hardware. This is hand painted, distressed and finished with a wood sealer. These signs arepainted withFusion Mineral Paint. The backs are stained withMinwax stain to give a finished look to the signs. The signs are then sealed withBeauti-Tone Acrylic Clear Lacquer.
All Netties Expressions Handmade Wooden Signs are uniquely created and designed by Netties Expressions in Robin, Manitoba Canada.
Netties Expressions rustic wood signs are NOT mass produced in China or created in a factory assembly line. Each wooden sign and wall hanging is individually handmade by myself (Jennette). There is a lot of thought and love put in to each item.
No two signs are identical which means that the sign you have purchased or want to purchase will be special and unique to you and your home. The uniqueness of each item is what makes Netties Expressions wooden signs so special.
All of my wood signs and decor are designed and created to be rustic. I try my utmost to provide good quality and craftsmanship. However, each item is distressed and created to look rustic.
If you are looking for perfect pieces of identical art, you will not find that here in the handmade world.
Wood is wood. Even the same types of wood are different which means that the same colour of stain or paint may look different from piece to piece. I love the look of wood and do not try to cover up knot holes, aging or imperfections in the wood as I feel that it adds special character to each piece.
~ Thank you for appreciating the love and care which I put into my products and for the support which you show to my small handmade business.
© 2017 Netties Expressions
How do you make your handmade wood signs?
- Handmade Wooden Signs - Netties Expressions handmade wooden signs are made from a pine board. Each sign is individually handmade by myself. I cut the wood, sand it, prep it for painting, design and cut my own stencils and do the painting myself. All the wood signs come with a saw tooth hanger on the back ready for hanging. The signs are sealed with polyurethane or lacquer.
- Handmade Framed Wooden Signs - The process of painting and distressing Netties Expressions handmade framed wooden signs is the same. Basically the only difference is the type of wood used. These are made from 1/2" to 3/4" plywood.
- Handmade Thick Wooden Signs - The process of painting and distressing Netties Expressions handmade thick wooden signs is the same. Basically the only difference is the type of wood used. These are made from rough 2" x 6" lumber.
Are your signs all hand painted?
Yes, Netties Expressions handmade wooden signs are hand painted using stencils.
Hand Painted vs Free Hand
- Hand Painted: painted by a person and not by a machine
- Free Hand: done without special tools or instruments