"Walk a little slower, Daddy," said a child so small. "I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall. Sometimes your steps are very fast, Sometimes they're hard to see; So, walk a little slower, Daddy, For you are leading me. Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be; Then I will have a little child Who'll want to follow me. And I would want to lead just right, And know that I was true; So, walk a little slower, Daddy, For I must follow you." - Bobbie Norman
This handmade rustic framed wooden sign measures approximately 16"W X 20"L X 0.75"D. The frame adds on approximately 0.5" to each side.
This handmade rustic framed wooden sign is made from 3/4" GIS (good-one-side plywood) and has hanging hardware attached to the back ready for hanging. There is no vinyl on this wall hanging. This is hand painted, distressed and finished with a wood sealer.
Please make a note during checkout whether you want the frame to be flush with the sign as pictured or if you want the frame to stick out past the sign like my current framed signs.
If there is no quantity left in stock you will be ordering a custom sign. Select your choice of paint colour(s) for the background and the letters/numbers/image and include this in the extra notes area. The sign will be made once the order is placed.
Customize your sign: Please select your choices of Silhouettes available and write them in the correct order with the parent being on the far right. The standard direction for the silhouettes to face is towards the right. If you want the silhouettes to face towards the left, please make sure to request this. If there's more than three children the layout of the poem will be slightly changed as you can see in the third sample.
How do you make your handmade wood signs?
- These signs are painted with FAT Paint. (Netties Expressions is a FAT Paint retailer.) The backs are stained with Minwax stain to give a finished look to the signs. The signs are then sealed with Beauti-Tone Acrylic Clear Lacquer.
- Handmade Wooden Signs - Netties Expressions handmade wooden signs are made from a pine board. Each sign is individually handmade by myself. I cut the wood, sand it, prep it for painting, design and cut my own stencils and do the painting myself. All the wood signs come with a saw tooth hanger on the back ready for hanging. The signs are sealed with polyurethane or lacquer.
- Handmade Framed Wooden Signs - The process of painting and distressing Netties Expressions handmade framed wooden signs is the same. Basically the only difference is the type of wood used. These are made from 1/2" to 3/4" plywood.
- Handmade Thick Wooden Signs - The process of painting and distressing Netties Expressions handmade thick wooden signs is the same. Basically the only difference is the type of wood used. These are made from rough 2" x 6" lumber.
Are your signs all hand painted?
Yes, Netties Expressions handmade wooden signs are hand painted using stencils which are designed and cut by Netties Expressions.
Hand Painted vs Free Hand
- Hand Painted: painted by a person and not by a machine
- Free Hand: done without special tools or instruments
All Netties Expressions Handmade Wooden Signs and Handmade Wood Décor are uniquely created and designed by Netties Expressions in Robin, Manitoba Canada.
Netties Expressions rustic wood décor and signs are NOT mass produced in China or created in a sweat shop or factory assembly line. Each piece is individually handmade by myself (Jennette). There is a lot of thought and love put in to each item.
No two signs or wood décor are identical which means that the décor or sign(s) you have purchased or want to purchase will be special and unique to you and your home. The uniqueness of each item is what makes Netties Expressions wooden décor so special.
All of my wood signs and décor are designed and created to be rustic. I try my utmost to provide good quality and craftsmanship. The décor and sign(s) which you purchase will be distressed and may not look identical to the sign pictured due to the uniqueness of distressing.
If you are looking for perfect pieces of identical art, you will not find that here in the handmade world.
Wood is wood. Even the same types of wood are different which means that the same colour of stain or paint may look different from piece to piece. I love the look of wood and do not try to cover up knots, knot holes, the wood grain, aging or imperfections in the wood as I feel that it adds special character to each piece.
~ Thank you for appreciating the love and care which I put into my products and for the support which you show to my small handmade business.
© 2018 Netties Expressions